Saturday, August 08, 2009

Outdoor Adventures :-)

I admit, I’ve been a little out of touch lately. But I have a good reason. My 6-year-old niece has been spending the summer with me. During the day she attends summer camp, but when I get off of work, I play "mom" and "teacher". Even pretend-parenting is some tough work! Not that I thought it was easy, but now I see where all your time goes when you have kids. :-)

I’ve also been playing outdoors quite a bit. I bought a new mountain bike and tested it out on some trails in Orlando. I had never ridden on trails before, but it’s pretty fun. A little daring at times, but definitely fun.



This is also the season where a lot of races are starting. A couple of weeks ago I placed 3rd in my age group in a triathlon. The triathlon included swimming, biking, and running.



And when it’s nice out, I try to take advantage of kayaking. I took my niece out for her first time and she enjoyed it. We were both a little startled when we heard and saw an alligator get in the water as we were paddling…



Soon my niece will be back home in Washington and I'll have a little more time to write about work and what's been going on out here. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to be an astronaut you'll need to be in perfect physical fit. So, it's best that you start training harder.

Anonymous said...

Yes, triathlons are just not enough. Consider upgrading to the heptathlon immediately if not sooner. Do not disappoint me, and more importantly, do not disappoint yohan in yopants.

sidd said...

Great pics

heroineworshipper said...

Heroines can have strong muscles. The trick is the mental wiring to use them.