Sunday, March 15, 2009

Successful Launch of Discovery!

What a spectacular and beautiful launch! I am so glad we launched today and were able to overcome the hardware challenges. I am now headed to pack my bags and head to Houston to support the STS-119 imagery team. We will be inspecting Discovery's Thermal Protection System (TPS) and look for any anomalies that could be an issue for reentry of the vehicle.

I'm not sure if any of you were able to see my interview on spaceflightnow.com with Miles O'Brien and former astronaut Leroy Chiao. Below are a couple of pictures from today. The interview went very well and I received some encouraging words from the former astronaut. A 'thank you' to Miles O'Brien as well for mentioning the blog!



While at the press site, I was also able to visit the press briefing room!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're so lucky. Must be awesome to get to talk to people like Mr. Chiao. And I'm also very happy the launch went well and no problems occurred. I was kind of curious what would happen to the bat who unfortunately chose a very bad place to "sleep".

Take care, Julie