Monday, January 14, 2008

An update on me....

I was able to fit in a quick run today. When I thought I was going to go skiing during Christmas, I had purchased some hot chillys to keep me warm. Well tonight it's a little cold out and I decided to wear my hot chillys out running....They are absolutely awesome to run in!! (when it's cold out, of course)

Last week I was on 2nd shift and I am back working on 1st shift this week. I received some comments back from some of my colleagues I had asked to review my resume. I've been working on revising a couple of things and adding some info like all my community involvement.

I have a long list of things to work on before March. I need to acquire recommendation letters for the next graduate schools I am applying to, prepare a Statement of Purpose on why I want to pursue an advanced engineering degree, continue working on my resume for the astronaut application, study for the GRE, order transcripts, continue my current graduate research.....and somewhere in there is my job!! HA!

Luckily, I do have things under control and organized. Yikes! I still need to pack for going to Philly this week too!! I can't wait to indulge myself in milkshakes from Nifty Fifty's and Geno's Philly Cheesesteaks! Yummy! I'll probably have to double my run by the time I get back. It's supposed to snow over there this weekend and I don't think I want to run in the snow. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently started reading your blog and I wish you luck in your goal of becoming an astronaut. I hope you make it into space, to the moon and beyond. Never give up on your dreams.

Ad astra!

Anonymous said...

I also just started reading your blog and wish you all the luck in the world, but if you're coming to Philly, steer clear of that whole "Geno's vs. Pat's" debacle - you'll get a much better cheesesteak at Jim's, 4th & South st. For the record, tho, the best cheesesteak in Philly is at Steve & Vicki's lunch truck at Temple U.'s main campus. Enjoy!