Monday, December 31, 2007

If you're a runner, jogger, or a walker....

I've stumbled across this nifty online tool that I will begin to use before my runs. WalkJogRun is an online site that allows you to map out running/jogging/walking routes. It lets you save them for later reference and share with others. Similar online tools include theUSA Track and Field and Nike's Plus Program. However, my favorite aspect of WalkJogRun is that after you enter the zip code of interest, you can then filter the routes based on distance, duration, and even difficulty level. You can even tell it your intended walking or running speeds and it recalculates based on that! Very cool tools!!!

3 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Cool site, thanks for sharing the link!

Michael said...

Thanks for the tips Damaris!
It's a pity WalkJogRun only applies to US and UK for now.
I might wait for it to be extended to Italy. But then again I might just move there next summer :) and that's what I'm planning to do.

Ok, the site isn't the main reason :)

Right now in Italy I use the Nike+ site.

BrianShiro said...

I use mapmyrun.com, but I'll check out WalkJogRun to compare.