Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day 1 of the 2007 World Space Expo

I have been volunteering some of my time in preparation of the events of World Space Expo and today was the first day of the spectacular event! Below are some of the highlights of my day. I can't wait for tomorrow's aerial Salute to 50 Years in Space.

I met Lt. Col. Kevin Robbins who is the commander/leader of the USAF Thunderbirds! Below is a photo of him with his F-16 Thunderbird "parked" at the Shuttle Landing Facility. Then there were the two F-22 Raptors. My favorite!!! I got to get upclose to the aircraft and meet the pilots!! There was a major cool factor seeing the aircraft at the Shuttle Landing Facility and I know the pilots are excited about flight over Kennedy Space Center. I will upload some videos later tonight of some of the aircraft coming in on the runway.









No comments: